Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Does Supergirl Have Pierced Ears?

Does Supergirl (played by Melissa Benoist) have pierced ears? If so, how? Being invulnerable, nothing should be able to pierce her earlobes (or anything else) unless she's weakened by Kryptonine.

Evidence:



Look closer. See that right earlobe? It doesn't look like a clip on.


See! I told you. That sure looks like an earring to me, and I can't see how it could be a clip on.

OK, are there other such photos? Most of the time Benoist's hair is down so it's difficult to see her ears but in this photo, it could be an earring (click on each image to see a larger version).



While there doesn't appear to be one here.


Kara, as opposed to Supergirl, most often wears her hair in a ponytail or otherwise off her ears. Let's see what we can see.



Yes, an earring.



Same here.



Same here.

In other words, either her earrings are held on by a magnetic backing (and that would be a pretty strong magnetic field to keep them on her during fight scenes), or the folks at CBS made a big goof.

How else can you explain this?

OK, I'm taking a small detail and blowing it up way out of proportion, but on the other hand, I'm a trivia nut and I really get off on little details like this one.

What next? Superman with unexplained facial piercings?

Oh, I got the first image from the DC Comics blog.

4 comments:

  1. She could have had her ears pierced as a girl on Krypton. On Krypton she would have not been unpiercable. Then when she came to earth there would already have been a hole in her ears which she could put earrings in. I remember thinking about this myself and I think if you look very closely in the scenes of the young Kara on Krypton or in the pod I think she is wearing the same stud earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look a bit like very small gauges to me. Maybe they wanted to make them a little less noticeable without hiding them all the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete